Saturday 31 October 2009

Weekend Flowers




































Yesterday when walking home from the market I had a little internal battle as to whether or not to stop in and visit my beautiful flower stall and buy my weekend flowers. You see, the flowers I bought last Friday as still looking as gorgeous as ever and I didn't think it was fair to steal their thunder.

I decided against the purchase and wandered home empty handed (well one hand was full of my C&E supplies so I wasn't completely deprived!).

I did however take on board the lovely Karen's comment (thanks so much for all your comments Karen - keep em' coming), and transferred the little beauties into a colourful vase. What do you think?

I think Karen was spot on and I happened to have just the right vase for it! Call me extravagant (or perhaps stupid) but a while ago I spotted this gorgeous pink vase in a pic on the amazing Anna Spiro's blog - http://absolutelybeautifulthings.blogspot.com/ I just had to have it, and so I asked the very helpful gals at Black & Spiro to wrap it up and send it over to me. For those who don't know, Black & Spiro is located in Brisbane, Queensland which is where I come from - so yeap, I had a vase shipped to me in Hong Kong all the way from my home town. Oh, it was totally worth it and I am absolutely in love with it! Thanks Anna

I also used the vase to display some gorgeous pink roses (can you tell my fav colour is pink!) when we had our Housewarming / My Birthday party back in September. I will try to dig out a pic and share it with you all!

If you haven't done so already, you simply must go and check out Anna's blog - but be warned, it is addictive!






Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Karen said...

Now that looks even more gorgeous :-D