Tuesday 28 December 2010

Most of all...Be Happy

I spent some time over our mini Christmas break sorting out the study (I know, not very festive...). Since the minute I fell pregnant I have had the most overwhelming need to clean/cull/sort out our apartment. My husband jokes that if he sat still long enough he would be thrown out too;-)

As we will be converting one of our spare rooms into a nursery, we needed to decide whether the other room was going to remain a study or become the guest bedroom. It was a tough decision... whilst we do get quite a few visitors, that is the o.n.l.y. time that the room gets used. There must be weeks when I don't even go in there. The study on the other hand (it's actually my craft room, but I call it the study so that my husband appreciates it's purpose and doesn't complain...), we use EVERY day. It houses my craft table and all of my craft supplies, our reference and cookbooks, a stack of containers full of storage items, and my husbands wardrobe. Yes, we need a bed for guests to sleep in, and yes, we are likely to be getting a billion more next year when the little one arrives, but, we also need storage space, and I NEED my craft space:)

The decision was made to make it both a study and a bedroom. Soooo, boxing day we re-arranged all of the furniture to accommodate a bed, whilst keeping all of the other stuff in there too. This meant lots of cleaning/culling and sorting (which I was extremely happy about). Whilst going through a pile of papers, I stumbled across a few verses which I had kept (some since I was a little girl). I wanted to share them with you (and truth be told, I also wanted them recorded on the blog so that I could throw the pieces of paper out - see what I mean about the culling, it has taken over my life - and now my blog!).

I thought this one was a timely, following the most indulgent and consumeristic (is that a word?) time of the year.

Most of All...Be Happy!

Always see the goodness in this world, do your part in helping those less fortunate,
walk hand in hand with those of less talent,
follow those of more knowledge, and be equal with those who are different.
Find your special purpose in this world so full of choices and help lead those who stray.
Become your own individual - set yourself apart from those who are the same.
Have the self-confidence to say no when it is necessary and the strength to stand alone.
Give yourself the approval to love and respect everything that you are and will become.
Reap the fruits of your talents, walk with pride down the road of life, be humble in your successes, and share in the praises and joy of others.

Most of all, be happy. For when you are happy, you have the key that will open all the world's doors to you.

Jackie Olson

Photo via Mary Ruffle

No comments: