Thursday 13 May 2010

Day 6

11 May 2010

Unbelievable! Right behind our house there is the most wonderful walking/running track called Bowen Road. It skirts the city from Midlevels to Happy Valley, with amazing views along the way.

I try to get up there for a walk (and these days, a run) about 2 or 3 times a week. I usually take CoCo, and would prefer to let her wonder off the lead EXCEPT... for years there has been a dog poisoner on the loose laying baits along the track in an attempt to kill as many dogs as possible. Can you believe someone would do that!!

There are all sorts of conspiracy theories as to who might be behind the scheme, but to date, no-one has been caught. I must confess that there have been many a time I have been walking along the path watching out for suspicious persons. It always gets me thinking about what I would do if I caught the culprit... I would not like to be responsible for my actions that day, I can tell you.

Unfortunately for us, this means that CoCo is kept on the tightest leash and not allowed to sniff a thing. I think she still enjoys being in the great outdoors, but I do feel sorry for the little thing.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: