Monday 25 January 2010

Balthazar et Valentine

Whilst out shopping with a friend on Saturday afternoon we stumbled upon the most gorgeous children's toy store I think I have ever seen (well except for FAO Schwarz in NY that is)! A common complaint amongst parents (or so I hear) is that good ole fashioned wooden toys are hard to find. Well not in HK apparently!!

Little Beetle (cute name hey) was filled with timber toys galore! Stove sets, ironing boards, tool sets, even BBQ's (complete with timber shish-kabob set) were a plenty. They had market stalls and all kinds of timber groceries. I know how much little girls (and boys too) love playing shop! The toys are all imported from Europe - which makes them all the sweeter if you ask me - french milk crates, hessian shopping bags, pastries... you name it, they had it!

Whilst I could hardly be seen purchasing any of the above mentioned (sans child), I had to settle on some cute little dolls (which I think is totally acceptable mind you). I absolutely fell in love with the Moulin Roty range of soft toys. Completely by coincidence, I purchased the 3 in the first pic - aka Birdie, Balthazar, & Valentine (I also had to take Little Felicie home too - she was so sweet and has the cutest little dress)! The packaging was absolutely gorgeous (this always wins me over). I am completely smitten!

All I need now are some bubs & birthdays to give me an excuse to go back and visit the lovely shop again!

xox
Posted by Picasa

No comments: