Wednesday 11 November 2009

Junk (antique) shop find


Here in Hong Kong there are millions and millions of junk/antique shops. Whenever I spot one, I usually pop in and see what treasures can be found (Anna Spiro has me slightly addicted to Chinese ginger jars)! Last weekend whilst spending the day with friends at the Soho Festival, I popped my head into the little china shop in Staunton Street and discovered 2 great finds. The first was the ginger jar which I posted a pic of below (vase housing the gorgeous pink spray roses) which after careful negotiation cost me $150HK (about $20 Aus). The other was this gorgeous plate which I absolutely LOVE!

I tend to steer away from the traditional red and yellow Chinese plates in favour of the pinks and bluey green ones (like the one above). They are harder to come by, but I think they are just divine. I particularly love the cute little butterflies fluttering around the plate. I was able to negotiate a small discount on this one too ($25HK instead of $30, which is roughly $3.50 Aus).

I don't know about you, but I am already counting down the days/hours till the weekend... here's hoping that the rest of the week goes fast!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: